I really needed to do something different from the “A great Find” story. I’ve finished page 3, and also placed the flat colours version of page 4 in the portfolio section. So really all I would have to do, is finish up the colours of the final page. But I don’t have any fun in it anymore. This has been dragging on for quite a bit with the pages not really getting any better. I will let this rest for a long time or maybe completely leave it for what it is. I’ve learned a number of important lessons from it so perhaps better to put those into practice with a new project. And actually to get those lessons was the whole point of this story:
- Do more thumbnails prior to start work on the pages to get the best layout of frames and actions
- Plan out the scene by creating a map of all objects and characters and how they move through this map: this will keep the lightsource and backgrounds more consistent
- Do more colour tests before hand. The pages are now big blobs of brownish grey, not very appealing
- Don’t let a project like this drag on for so long. You loose focus and the end result will be not as good as it could be
- Practice more action scenes
Anyway, the something different I mentioned: quick drawing I did. Turned out pretty nice so far I think.